The United Church of Christ Mental Health Network, an independent non-profit in ecclesiastical covenant with the United Church of Christ, works to reduce stigma and promote the inclusion of people with mental illnesses/brain disorders and their families in the life, leadership and work of congregations. We are looking for a communication consultant to coordinate and execute all communication output for the organization. The UCC MHN communicates its mission across several social media channels, an active website, and digital newsletters. A person who supports the mission of UCC MHN and processes the below proficiencies is sought for 20 hours a month. This consultant will be an independent contractor, not an employee of the UCC MHN.
Individuals living with a mental health challenge or disability and/or self-identify as BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ are encouraged to apply.
Submit a cover letter and resume to the UCC MHN at email@example.com by midnight ET, Monday, March 1, 2021.
All questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Primary Administrator of the United Church of Christ Mental Health Network website.
- Primary Administrator of the United Church of Christ Mental Health Network Facebook page and other social media platforms (i.e., Instagram, Twitter, YouTube).
- Maintain the WISE and WISE liaison congregational database.
- Help manage Email and Mail correspondence, including sending out email blast and newsletters.
- Coordinate with their Board Liaison.
- Attend the United Church of Christ Mental Health Network meetings as requested. At present monthly Board Meetings occur on the fourth Thursday at 6pm EST.
- Demonstrated proficiency with building and maintaining website pages created using WordPress, plug-ins, SSL, and other related software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Social Media platforms as administrator.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Drive and Google Docs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication in English, with proficiency in another language highly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MailChimp
- Ability to maintain the donation website platform (presently PayPal).
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn Canva desktop publishing software.
- Familiar with and supportive of the mission and values of the United Church of Christ and the United Church of Christ Mental Health Network.
- Available to be responsive to requests and communication within 24 hours on weekdays and 48 hours on weekends.
Contract Period: Beginning 03/15/2021 through 02/28/2022 and renewable.
Payment for Services : The United Church of Christ Mental Health Network will pay $500 per month for services described above. Work beyond 20 hours requires Board Liaison prior approval and then can be added to invoices at a rate of $25.00 per hour.