As winter approaches, it’s a good idea to have a winter safety kit in your car. While traveling we never know when we might run into a weather mess – even if we are keeping an eye on the reports of weather conditions. Being prepared can help us get to our destinations safely. And with the holidays coming it’s a good time to suggest a safety kit as a Christmas gift!
Recommendations for items to include in car kits:
- jumper cables
- flashlight (& extra batteries)
- basic first aid kit
- basic tool kit (at least pliers, wrench, screwdriver)
- sand, or even better, kitty litter for traction
- ice scraper (my dad also included a small whisk broom)
- phone charger
- tow chain or rope
- water and food – trail mix, energy bars or protein bars, chocolate
- extra clothing: winter coat, hat, gloves, boots
God bless and Happy Holidays!