The Tri-Conferences of the United Church of Christ (UCC) is seeking an individual who has the gifts to serve as the Conference Deacon for the Southern region of the Iowa Conference. The primary focus of the Conference Deacon is to connect with and support the local churches and authorized ministers in their assigned area. These positions are open to authorized ministers or lay members of the UCC. This part-time, contract position is five hours per week and will be supervised by the Executive Conference Minister or his/her designee. Additional information is below.
- Vibrant faith.
- Belief in and commitment to local churches, the Tri-conference, and the UCC.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and be flexible.
- Non-anxious presence in the midst of uncertainty and conflict.
- A humble spirit that seeks with others the guidance of our Still Speaking God.
- Connect and Support local churches to the Conferences and TCM.
- Help local churches and authorized ministers receive the information and resources they request.
- In coordination with the ECM and TCM staff, facilitate representation at local church anniversaries, events, and special days.
Salary and Support:
- $40.00 an hour. 5 hours per week.
- $10,400 a year.
Questions? Contact Rev. Phil Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.