Resources for Congregations
The Conferences have gathered together a variety of resources to support congregations and their ministry. We also curate health, ministerial, and financial resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Covid-19 has upended everything in our communities for much longer than any of us anticipated. Church is usually the place we turn to when life feels overwhelming and difficult. We seek comfort and stability there. But even how we do church has been affected by this global health pandemic and, increasingly, we’re hearing a theme in our conversations: pastors and churches are exhausted and need support
Are you an adult who wants to go deeper in learning about their faith? The Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota Conferences can suggest learning opportunities. Look under the “Continuing Education” category on our calendar to see more opportunities.
UCC seminaries offer classes for audit or certificate programs:
You may also explore these opportunities:
Legal Questions and Answers
New to the Conferences? Not sure about how the law impacts your ministry? Here are a few tips we have compiled to help out. Click on your conference to read more.
- Iowa Conference
- Nebraska Conference (not available at this time)
- South Dakota Conference (not available at this time)
Facing Your Church Building's Uncertain Future
The Church Building & Loan Fund has provided resources in a variety of formats to help churches in structural transition:
- Video recording of Webinar, “Facing Your Church Building’s Uncertain Future”
- Audio Recording of Webinar, “Facing Your Church Building’s Uncertain Future”
- Notes on webinar, conversation, decision-making, funding and financing resources of Webinar, “Facing Your Church Building’s Uncertain Future”
- Powerpoint of “What’s the ‘Why?’ of Your Church: Optimize Church Porperty to Advance Your Mission”
Salary and benefit guidelines for clergy in the Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota Conferences of the UCC are reviewed and approved annually. These are guidelines approved by the 2021 annual meetings for the year 2022.
- Iowa salary and benefit guidelines
- Nebraska salary and benefit guidelines
- South Dakota salary and benefit guidelines
Abuse Prevention Policies
Background checks and resources for creating a safe space for all congregants
A document to help foster healthy behaviors and relationships in congregations
Pulpit Supply List
A list of people interested in serving as guest preachers for UCC churches
Strengthen your ministry’s mission and show your community what you value
Information on the insurance board, pension board, and other UCC partners
Grow and improve your ministry by learning more about your community demographics
Resources for you to bring into your worship services (music, litrugy, etc)