Local Church Search and Call
Immediately after learning that your pastor is leaving, send an email to email@example.com to get set up with Conference staff support. Conference staff helps your church leadership find interim pastors and determine its longer-term goals and leadership needs. Then they will train and coach your search committee to complete a local church profile. Finally, your search committee will evaluate candidates’ ministerial profiles, do interviews, and eventually call a new pastor.
For UCC Pastors in Search
If you are a UCC authorized minister seeking a call in the IA, NE, and SD Conferences, we welcome you! You should indicate on your pastoral profile that you’d like to circulate your materials in one of our conferences. Then, check for openings in which you might be interested on the national Ministry Opportunities page under the Iowa Conference, Nebraska Conference, or South Dakota Conference. You may also be interested to review our conferences’ salary guidelines in the “Pastor Compensation” section. Read more in the Guide to Pastoral Search and Call for Ministers/Candidates in Search. If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Non-UCC Pastors in Search
If you are an ordained minister from another denomination seeking a call in the IA, NE, and SD Conferences, we welcome you! Here are some of the ways you can prepare for the search process:
- Fill out our Contact and Consent form
- Complete the Oxford background check
- Review our Conferences’ salary guidelines in the “Pastor Compensation” section of this page
- Begin a process for UCC Authorization (either Dual Standing or Privilege of Call by connecting with Rev. Ellis Arnold and then proceed with the following:
- Complete Boundary Training. Check out the Boundary Training schedule.
- Complete a UCC History, Polity, and Theology course.
- Read our denomination’s Marks for Faithful and Effective Authorized Ministers and the Ministerial Code
Search and Call Resources
Discernment and Search Committee
Creating Your Church Profile
Calling a New Pastor
Salary and benefit guidelines for clergy in the Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota Conferences of the UCC are reviewed and approved annually. These are guidelines approved by the 2020 annual meetings for the year 2021.
- Iowa salary and benefit guidelines
- Nebraska salary and benefit guidelines
- South Dakota salary and benefit guidelines
Search and Call Step by Step:
Diversity in the Search and Call Process:
Webinars for Pastors and Congregations:
A webinar designed to help pastors get to know our states, our churches, and our search and call process.
A webinar designed to help our congregations understand search and call process and available resources.