Remittance Forms - Churches/Individuals
Church Yearbook Reporting
Submitting your church’s yearbook information keeps data up-to-date on the UCC’s Find a Church feature, Access UCC, and the annual Yearbook Directory. This information also helps the denomination track trends so they can better serve our local churches. Yearbook data is electronically recorded every year between January and March. If you neglect to update your yearbook data, the program will continue to list the last recorded year’s data which results in inaccurate tracking and can make it harder for new congregants to find you. Questions? Or need your church’s ID number? Email Diane Leggett.
Background checks are used as a part of creating safe, hospitable, and just environments in our congregations and ministry settings.
The Conferences use two different background checks depending on your role in ministry: Praesidium and Oxford. A Praesidium background check is used by congregations running background checks for their volunteers, pastors wanting to be on the pulpit supply list, and people discerning a call to authorized UCC ministry. An Oxford background check is used for those in the ordination process, those ordained UCC needing to renew the Oxford report, and non-UCC pastors interested in search and call in the Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota Conferences of the UCC.
Visit our Safe Church page to learn about and submit background check forms.
Submit an Event
Fill out the Submit an Event Form share an event or program for the wider Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota Conferences of the United Church of Christ.
How did your event or program go? We’d love to hear about it and help others hear about it too. Share your stories and photos through the Event Follow-Up Form.
Information Reviews are requested each year for those with UCC ministerial standing as part of requirement for good standing. If serving UCC churches in Iowa, Nebraska or South Dakota, but have other denomination connections or in the process of becoming a UCC minister, we still appreciate the time to complete this form. At the end, the submit button forwards this information review to the conference office, the correct COM chair, and to the preferred email address used on this form.
Iowa Funding Future Leadership Scholarship
The Iowa Conference is delighted to offer these Funding Future Leadership Scholarships through the generous giving of many of our churches during a special offering which is taken early in the year.
To apply for funds, you must be:
- A Members in Discernment (MiD) in the Iowa, Nebraska, or South Dakota Conference United Church of Christ
- Enrolled at least half time in seminary
If you meet these requirements, please complete the following:
- Application Form
- Financial worksheet (Calculations from this sheet will be input into Application Form)
- Online Letter of Reference from a discernment advisor, seminary faculty member, academic dean of the seminary or other UCC minister with standing. (You may email your reference the following link to complete their reference: https://forms.gle/mfhTeNncG3tmvWrG8)
Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship award.
NOTE: You will NOT be able to save your progress and return to this online form later. Allow enough time to complete it in one sitting.
Here is information you want to have available when you complete the form:
• A short introduction of yourself including your current sense of call
• Progress made so far in your your seminary education and anticipated date of graduation
• Name, email and phone number of the person completing your reference
• Completed Financial Worksheet
• Any special circumstances the Scholarship Committee should take into consideration
DEADLINE: 2021 TBD
Questions? Email Rev. Heidi Hulme.
South Dakota Educational Scholarships
The South Dakota Conference UCC values education, young people, and those who answer a call to ministry at any age. To support all those who God calls to serve in many professions for the work of ministry, we offer scholarships each year to high school seniors, undergraduates, graduate students, and seminarians active in their South Dakota UCC congregations.
Scholarships may also be available to applicants pursuing programs not offered in South Dakota institutions. Some special funds are earmarked for those who are entering into ministry as a second career and have the challenges of family, jobs, and extra travel.
Applications are closed for 2020 (2021 deadline TBD) and the amount given varies from year to year.
All applications require the following:
- Application with essay
- Professor/teacher reference
- Pastor’s reference
1. Download either the three undergraduate or the three graduate/seminarian application materials:
2. Complete and email your application with essay to email@example.com
3. Send the reference letter form to the people who will complete them for you and have them email the completed reference letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19th.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the SD Conference office at 605-338-8738 or send an email to email@example.com.