Remittance Forms - Churches/Individuals
Church Yearbook Reporting
Submitting your church’s yearbook information keeps data up-to-date on the UCC’s Find a Church feature, Access UCC, and the annual Yearbook Directory. This information also helps the denomination track trends so they can better serve our local churches. Yearbook data is electronically recorded every year between January and March. The 2023 deadline is March 1st, 2023 at 10:59pm CT. If you neglect to update your yearbook data, the program will continue to list the last recorded year’s data which results in inaccurate tracking and can make it harder for new congregants to find you. Need your church’s ID number? Check on your church statement. Further questions? Check out the resources below.
Steps to ease the reporting process:
- Read the Yearbook Instructions. Use worksheet pages 7-8 and gather your data. You can also look at the quick reference guide.
- Use the Data Hub Church Field Guide to help to define the different fields
- Login to Data Hub. This takes you to the actual database to begin entering your data.
- Learn more about why yearbook reporting is important!
Do you have specific Conference-related questions? Call one of our offices and leave a message identifying that you have a question about Yearbook Reporting and be sure to include your Church/Association/State and contact phone number.
Des Moines Office: 515.277.6369
Sioux Falls Office: 605.338.8738
Background checks are used as a part of creating safe, hospitable, and just environments in our congregations and ministry settings.
The Conferences use two different background checks depending on your role in ministry: Praesidium and Oxford. A Praesidium background check is used by congregations running background checks for their volunteers, pastors wanting to be on the pulpit supply list, and people discerning a call to authorized UCC ministry. An Oxford background check is used for those in the ordination process, those ordained UCC needing to renew the Oxford report, and non-UCC pastors interested in search and call in the Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota Conferences of the UCC.
Visit our Abuse Prevention Policies page to learn about and submit background check forms.
Iowa Funding Future Leadership Scholarship
The Iowa Conference is delighted to offer these Funding Future Leadership Scholarships through the generous giving of many of our churches during a special offering which is taken early in the year. The 2023 offering will be taken on January 15th, but churches can take this special offering at a time that works best for them. Funds for the 2023 scholarship must be received by March 5th, 2023.
To apply for funds, you must be:
- A Members in Discernment (MiD) in the Iowa Conference United Church of Christ
- Enrolled at least half time in seminary
If you meet these requirements, please complete and submit the following application materials:
- The completed application form.
- A letter of reference from one of the following: discernment advisor, seminary faculty member, Academic Dean of the seminary, or other UCC minister with standing.
- A 250-word response to the following questions: Why are you pursuing seminary education? What are your long-term goals?
- A letter attesting to your standing from the pastor of sponsoring church.
South Dakota Educational Scholarships
The South Dakota Conference UCC values education, young people, and those who answer a call to ministry at any age. To support all those who God calls to serve in many professions for the work of ministry, we offer scholarships each year to high school seniors, undergraduates, graduate students, and seminarians active in their South Dakota UCC congregations.
Scholarships may also be available to applicants pursuing programs not offered in South Dakota institutions. Some special funds are earmarked for those who are entering into ministry as a second career and have the challenges of family, jobs, and extra travel.
The amount given varies from year to year.
The 2023 application deadline was March 15th.
All applications require the following:
- General application with essay and transcript
- Pastor reference
- Educator reference
- Submit either the Post-Secondary Application OR the Graduate/Seminarian Application depending on what program you are entering.
- Send the Pastor Reference Form to your pastor.
- Send the Educator Reference Form to a teacher/professor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the SD Conference office at 605.338.8738 or send an email to email@example.com.
Submit an Event
Fill out the Submit an Event Form share an event or program for the wider Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota Conferences of the United Church of Christ.
The time has come for the 2023 Information Review! Information Reviews are requested each year for those with UCC Ministerial Standing as part of the requirement for Good Standing.
The 2023 Information Review is due by Friday, April 28th, 2023.
If you are serving UCC churches in Iowa, Nebraska, or South Dakota, but are authorized for ministry by another denomination, or are in the process of becoming a UCC minister, we appreciate you also completing this form.
Please fill out the form in its entirety, to the best of your knowledge. Once submitted, the Tri-Conference Ministries will forward this information to the appropriate Committee on Ministry (COM) or Church and Ministry (C&M) Committee.
Questions? Contact Jane Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605.774.3530.
Exempt Standing Application
Who is Exempt Standing for?
Exempt Standing is a ministerial standing for Ordained Ministers who continue to affirm their ordination and commitment to the United Church of Christ, but who choose to (or are unable to) engage in public ministry.
What is this application and how does it work?
This application outlines the roles and responsibilities of Exempt Standing as part of the mutual discernment between an Ordained Minister and Committee on Ministry (ex. COM, C&M) before Exempt Standing is granted. After receiving this application, the Committee will review it, have conversation with the minister, and determine whether to grant Exempt Standing. An Exempt Standing Covenant must be signed by the Minister and Committee before the process is complete.
There are two ways to fill out the Exempt Standing Application Form. The first way is to do it online and the second way is to download the PDF document, fill it out, and return it via post to the Des Moines Office or via email to email@example.com. The online version of the form is quickest and easiest for most people, but the PDF document version of the form is useful if you need to print and mail it.
Thank Offering Grant Request Form
From time to time, the Iowa Conference receives funds from local churches designated for inclusion in the Iowa Thank Offering Fund. This is a temporarily restricted fund and grants may be made from the Fund only to Iowa entities. Grants are awarded annually. The purpose of this policy is to establish procedures for use awarding grants from this Fund.
Iowa Campership Scholarship
The Iowa Conference of the United Church of Christ recognizes the importance of experiencing God in many ways and in many places. One of these opportunities is through attending Church Camp. The Iowa Conference also recognizes that there are many barriers that may limit an individual’s ability to attend Church Camp: distance, schedules, finances, etc.
The Iowa Conference, in an effort to encourage as many individuals to attend Church Camp, has created the following Campership Policy.
- The Iowa Conference will award a campership of $50 to the first 100 individuals who apply.
- Each person will need to completely fill out the campership request form and have it signed by their pastor or board moderator/president.
- The Church Camp attended must be a part of our Formula of Agreement partners’ denominations (United Church of Christ, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Presbyterian Church (PCUSA), the Reformed Church in America (RCA) or Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)).
- The Church Camp attended should be within the Iowa Conference boundaries.
The Iowa Conference of the United Church of Christ
5609 Douglas Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50310
Notification of receiving a campership will be sent to the recipient and the campership will be sent to camp/church/individual.